I wrapped up my 24 Day Challenge about a week ago. As mentioned in my post about the challenge, this is not a juice-fast, shake-only, starvation cleanse. Think of it as a reset. In the first 10 days you complete the Cleanse–during which you eat whole, clean foods (only avoiding fried foods, sugar, refined carbs, and dairy). You follow the Cleanse with the Max Phase which continues with whole foods, and you can cheese again :), in addition to the awesome supplements you take.
Disclaimer: during the Max Phase you take the MNS Supplements (Metabolic Nutrition System). These supplements do contain a thermogenic that is intended to help with body composition.
Pounds lost: 4
Okay, that is not a life-changing number. And though I was secretly hoping to lose 10 pounds, I can live with 4. Why? Well I am a girl and girls’ lives are rough for a few days every month, bloating included. I also ran a half-marathon in the process of the challenge and allowed myself more carbs than necessary on three occasions and I know that if I would have been more strict I probably would have had better results.
Note: when I say carbs I mean beer.
But my Before/After pictures do show that I saw some progress! And I feel good. My energy is good, the probiotic does its job, and I do feel like my waist is smaller. I did not take before/after measurements because I couldn’t find my measuring tape.
I plan to continue on the MNS products along with other Advo products. Here are the ones I will continue/start to take:
- MNS E and Catalyst (for body composition)
- Spark (only when I need it…I still love coffee)
- Mass Impact (this is a great pre-workout for HIIT and Strength workouts)
- Arginine Extreme (pre-workout for Cardio. I used this while training for the half and I tell you, it helps! I know because I am a tester so I tried running with and without it and the days I didn’t take it I wanted to pull out my eyeballs)
- O2 Gold (for cardio. Life changer. You can run, and run, and run and your legs feel strong to the finish. It helps get oxygen to your muscles and keep your lungs feeling fresh)
- Night Time Recovery (horse pills that make you not sore! I took these the night after the half and I was not sore the next day!)
Now, supplements are not for everyone and I get that. I am not recommending you take any, but if you are curious these are the ones I take. If you would like more info on these Advo products you can visit my Advocare site here. I like Advocare products because they are supported by the Sci-Med board of real doctors who have real jobs aside from endorsing Advocare. And Rich Froning (along with other Elite Athletes like Drew Brees, Jason Whitten, and Trevor Bayne) uses it. He is my favorite endorser to look at :).